First Blog

My First Blog

The Beginning

Being the Type A personality I am, I decided to take real estate head on. Anything I do, I pursue it with 120% of my whole soul. With that being said, the first step to taking real estate "by the horns" was to obtain my GRI. In April, I took my GRI Finance. For those of you who don't know what GRI means, it stands for "Graduate, Realtor (R) Institute."  This month, I decided to take GRI Marketing. Our instructor, Lyssa Graham Reynolds, advised us that blogging is totally "in."
 
So here I am.
 
I am totally new to the blogging world, but I have always been interested in it. I always wanted to start my own blog but I was never good at make up application, fashion tips, or weight loss tips. During the past year, I have definitely learned an abundance about real estate. I would love to be able to share my information with others.
 
When I lived in Lake Charles, I told my boss that I wanted to create a book called "The Guide to the Grown Up World." This book would have EVERY piece of information that a Generation X or Millennial would need to know in order to grow up successfully in the world but was not taught in school - taxes, home buying, balancing a check book, etc. To my disappointment, a book similar to this was already published. At least I had good intentions, right?
 
If I can't write a book, at least I can create a blog about information that I would love to share. I feel like I can offer a great deal of real estate information, especially for those of you that are new to the field. I will eventually get into more real estate related material, as well as Kilgore and East Texas events and happenings. But first, I'd like to formally introduce myself.
 

My Beginnings

My name is Jessica Alisse Holmes, formally known as Jessica-Alisse Ater Utzman. I was born and raised in Kilgore, Texas. I graduated from Kilgore High School and Kilgore College before heading to the interesting and eventful state of Louisiana to further pursue my education. I headed to the heart of Cajun Country to pursue my Bachelor's Degree - Lafayette, LA. In 2011, I graduated from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette in Organizational Communication with a minor in Psychology. Although those 2 years were not spent in my home state of Texas, they were amazing and eventful. I later spent another year in Louisiana after I married the love of my life, Greg, but they definitely did not top those years in Lafayette. After I graduated, I married my best friend and love of my life. Greg Holmes is definitely my number one supporter, and I could not ask for a better partner in this life. We spent a brief period in Louisiana after our marriage. After a year, we decided to move back to the greatest state...Texas.
Now that you know more about me, you know where I'm coming from. I work for an amazing broker, Charlotte Mobbs. Her entire family is amazing. I'm sure you will hear more about her and her great family in future posts, only because they are so involved in the community. I could not ask for a better person (or family) to work for!

Thanks for reading my first blog. I hope you enjoyed it! Stay tuned for more posts and information. I welcome and appreciate any and all feedback (constructive criticism only, please)!
 
Signed,
Jessica Holmes
 

Comments

Popular Posts