A dose of #ThoughtfulThursday

Happy New Year!

I've been wanting to do a "New Year, New Look" post about our new company, but that will come next. To catch everyone up to speed, Greg & I opened East Texas Preferred Properties, LLC with the help of some amazing family members and friends. I'll have another post dedicated specifically for that topic, but I wanted to do something different...

I had the wonderful opportunity to close on a property today in Kilgore:


This beautiful home belonged to some of my sweetest friends and repeat clients, The McMillin family.


I'm always honored to represent friends with the sale or purchase of their homes. One of the greatest compliments I can be given is for my friends to think highly enough of me to use me as their Realtor®.

But today, I had a profound thought... 

While we were sitting at the closing table *at probably one of the most fun and entertaining closings I've EVER attended* the sellers and the buyer were exchanging stories. The sellers would give a few instructions about the property, then we all would chime in with a fun story. When I say this was one of the most fun and entertaining closings I've been to, I truly mean it. The buyer's agent and lender were both there (big shout out to Mark Armstrong, Realtor® for Suzanne Cook & Company. He is a wonderful agent and fabulous to work with!)

While discussing the property, the sellers starting recounting some of the wonderful memories they experienced in this home. Jamie, the wife, almost got teary-eyed sharing this special moment *and I won't lie, I almost did too* She shared that this was their first home purchase as husband & wife, and that THIS was the home they brought their first and only baby girl home to. The spare bedroom was her nursery, which she had originally painted pink. This conversation quickly shifted into paint colors and where the extra paint was stored.

But I had to pause and reflect...

The walls at the Florence Street home, as well as every other residence, have "seen" so many memories....excitement, fear, sadness, happiness...Since I have the privilege of personally knowing this family, I recognize that it is an honor to be asked to help them sell such a special property.

Every home you live in will "see" its share of your life, and I help to transfer those eyes to a new family. The new buyer will get to experience their own moments in that household, but the memories of the Florence home will be forever instilled in the thoughts of the McMillins' hearts.

As Realtors®, we have a tendency to lose sight of the honor that is bestowed upon us. Sometimes, we have to be reminded of how truly significant and life-altering our job can be for our clients. Between our contracts, working tireless hours and trying to successfully juggle our home life, we forget how monumental the sale of a property can be in our clients' lives.

I hope my #thoughtfulThursday pulled at your heartstrings like it did mine. Thank you for taking take out of your busy schedule to read my thoughts.

*Insert* I'm also a little emotional because of all of the families, near and far, that are faced with difficult situations and are in need of prayers and positive thoughts.

Stay tuned for the next blog about our new company, and the exciting new things happening at East Texas Preferred Properties, LLC!

Sincerely,

Jessica Holmes, Broker/Owner
East Texas Preferred Properties, LLC
Kilgore, TX





Comments

  1. Love! What a great point of reflection. Thank you for reminding me of the “why” behind why we do Real Estate. Such specials memories, so happy the sellers shared. ❤️ - April P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts